South Indian states are Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Telangana and the union territories of Andaman and Nicobar, Lakshadweep and Puducherry.
South India is a preferred and a hot destination for either Management Studies, Engineering Studies or any Job related courses. South India houses many reputed Business Schools which offer the MBA Programme and it’s equivalent PGDM course. The difference between MBA and PGDM [explained on forum post MBA VS PGDM].
The Top 10 Business Schools in South India
Category A++ (Top 5)
These are The Top 5 B Schools in South India, Which accept either CAT or GMAT only. IISc accepts GATE score also.
- Indian School of Business, ISB Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Management, IIM Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Management, IIM Trichy
- Indian Institute of Science, IISc Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Management, IIM Kozhikode
Category A+ (Top 10)
These are the Top 10 Business Schools from South India, which accepts CAT, CMAT, XAT, ATMA, GMAT (except MAT). Symbiosis accepts only SNAP, Narsee Monjee accepts NMAT.
- Department of Management Studies, IIT Madras Chennai
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- TA Pai Management Institute, TAPMI Manipal
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, SIBM Bangalore
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration, LIBA Chennai
- Bharathidasan Institute of Management, BIM Trichy
- Amrita School of Business, Coimbatore
- Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research, WeSchool Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, NMIMS Bengaluru
- Institute for Financial Management and Research, IFMR Chennai
- MANAGE, Hyderabad (for Agri-Business/Rural Management only)
- Institute of Management and Technology, IMT Hyderabad
- National Institute of Technology, NIT Trichy
- Symbiosis School of Media and Communication, SIMC Bangalore
Category A (Top 15)
These are among Top 15 Business Schools in South India, which accepts all Entrance Exam scores including MAT.
- Xavier Institute of Management Excellence, XIME Bangalore
- Christ University Institute of Management, CUIM Bangalore
- ICFAI Business School, ICFAI Hyderabad
- Ramaiah Institute of Management, RIM Bangalore (formerly MSRIM)
- Indus Business Academy, IBA Bangalore
- IFIM Business School, IFIM Bangalore
- Institute of Public Enterprise, IPE Hyderabad
- School of Management Studies, SCMS Cochin
- DC School of Management and Technology, DCSMT Kottayam
- Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies, Cochin
- SSN School of Management, Chennai
The General Eligibility Criteria for all B Schools is 50% aggregate in Graduation, those who are pursuing final year are also eligible to apply (must satisfy the 50% rule after final sem results). 45% marks in graduation are accepted for SC / ST category students.
For MBA or PGDM Admissions in Business Schools of South India, you can fill the counselling form below.
In case of any questions or clarifications, please leave a reply in the comments section. You are reading this article on blog.careermitra.com
For regular updates like us on Facebook