For the fourth consecutive year, Educational Testing Service (ETS), the creator of the TOEFL® test, announced the launch of the 2013 TOEFL® Scholarship Program in India. The scholarship program recognizes students in India who excel academically and demonstrate well-rounded qualities such as participation in extracurricular activities, including community service.
ETS will recognize 21 deserving students in India by awarding a total of US$70,000 in funding for undergraduate or graduate study in country and/or overseas for the 2013 academic school year.
“Providing access to higher education is a cornerstone of ETS’s mission,” commented Walt MacDonald, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, ETS. “Over the last four consecutive years, ETS has awarded US$170,000 in scholarship funding to motivated students in India. We look forward to continuing this tradition by recognizing the 2013 recipients through the TOEFL Scholarship Program in India. ”
One US$10,000 TOEFL scholarship and twenty US$3,000 TOEFL scholarships will be awarded to students in India. To be eligible for the 2013 TOEFL Scholarship Program, individuals must:
- currently live in India
- complete the online scholarship application(new this year) and upload academic transcripts
- hold a grade point average of 80 or higher on a 100-point scale, or a 3.0 grade point average or higher on a 4-point scale
- begin an undergraduate or graduate degree in 2013 at a college or university listed in the TOEFL® Destinations Directory (PDF)
- have a valid TOEFL test score used as a requirement for admission into an undergraduate or graduate program
- demonstrate effective leadership skills and an overall well-rounded portfolio with extracurricular activities, including community service
More information regarding the 2013 TOEFL Scholarship Program in India is available at www.ets.org/toefl/scholarships. Scholarship applications must be received by April 30, 2013. Winners will be notified in May 2013.
The ETS Scholarship and Recognition Program (SRP) group, which annually administers millions of dollars in new and renewable awards in the United States and abroad, is coordinating the TOEFL Scholarship Program. In addition to program consultation, SRP developed application materials and guidelines for the review of the applications.
You are reading this article on careermitra.com, stay tuned for career & education news! For regular updates like us on Facebook.