The 2012 Open Doors Report on International Educational Exchange revealed that majority of International students studying in US are from China & India. Out of 764,495 students 194,029 students are from China alone and 100,270 students are from India the study revealed. This year, international exchanges in all 50 states of United States contributed $22.7 billion to the U.S. economy.
Open Doors 2012 reports that more than 70 percent of all international students receive the majority of their funds from sources outside of the United States, including personal and family sources as well as assistance from their home country governments or universities.
Top 5 Universities in USA with higher International students
- University of South California – 9,269 International Students
- University of Illinois Urbana Champaign – 8,997 International Students
- New York University – 8,660 International Students
- Purdue University Main Campus – 8,563 International Students
- Columbia University – 8,024 Intenational Students
Top 5 fields of study opted by International Students
- Business and Management
- Math & Computer Science
- Social Sciences
- Physical & Life Sciences
For more statistics please visit Open Doors 2012 Fast Facts
You are reading this article on careermitra.com, stay tuned for career & education news! For regular updates like us on Facebook.