Medical aspirants for long have been anxious to know what entrance exam they will be appearing in 2013, according to highly placed sources the nation wide common medical entrance test (NEET UG) will finally kickoff from 2013. The date of NEET UG has been declared as 12 May 2013 (Sunday), MCI has addressed the key issues that prevented the common medical CET from taking off last year.
Important things to know about NEET UG 2013
- Take NEET in your regional language (Telugu, Tamil, Bengali, Gujarati or Hindi, English)
- Each State will have 85% seats reserved for it’s home state students
- Respective States will conduct the counselling for 85% seats
- 15% seats from each State will be filled through centralized counselling, such seats will be open for all eligible candidates regardless of the State.
- NEET UG final syllabus (unless changes announced later)
- NEET UG will be a test for both MBBS & BDS courses
- JIPMER & AIIMS will not participate in NEET UG
- The question paper of NEET UG will be objective based, with no negative marks
- The upper age limit for NEET UG 2013 hasn’t been mentioned yet, the minimum will be 17 years
You are reading this article on careermitra.com, stay tuned for career & education news! For regular updates like us on Facebook.