The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is an all India law entrance examination conducted by 14 National Law Schools / Universities for admissions to their undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes (LL.B & LL.M). This year CLAT will be conducted by National Law University, Jodhpur. CLAT 2012 is scheduled to be held on 13 May 2012 (Sunday).
List of participating Institutes
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
- NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad (NALSAR)
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU)
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
- National Law University, Jodhpur(NLU)
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala (RGNUL)
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
- National Law University, Orissa
- National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi
- National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam
CLAT 2012 Paper Pattern (UG Courses)
|Total number of questions (MCQ’s) 1 mark each||200|
|Duration of examination||Two Hours|
|Subject areas with weightage|
|English including Comprehension||40 Marks|
|General Knowledge/ Current Affairs||50 Marks|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||20 Marks|
|Logical Reasoning||40 Marks|
|Legal Aptitude/Legal Awareness||50 Marks|
CLAT 2012 Paper Pattern (PG Courses)
|Duration of examination||Two Hours|
(100 questions of 1 mark each)
|Pertaining to subject areas, viz,
Law of Contracts, Law of Torts, Criminal Law,
Constitutional Law and Legal Theory
|10 questions of 10 marks each|
Availability of CLAT 2012 Application Forms
- CLAT 2012 application forms can be obtained from designated branches of State Bank of India
- Application forms can also be requested by writing to, Convener, CLAT-2012, National Law University, Jodhpur by enclosing a DD for Rs. 3000 (Rs. 2500 in case of SC / ST / PWD). DD should be drawn in favour of the “National Law University, Jodhpur CLAT A/C and payable at Jodhpur, Rajasthan.
- Apply online
- Download application form online and send offline
Eligibility for Under-Graduate Programmes
To be eligible to appear in CLAT-2012, a candidate should have obtained a Senior Secondary School/Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent qualification from a recognised Board with not less than 50% marks in aggregate (45% in case of SC/ST/OBC and PWD).**
Candidates who have appeared in the 10+2 examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear in the test.o Age of
candidate should not be more than 20 years in case of General/OBC candidates (22 years in case of SC/ST and persons with Disability)** as on 1st July, 2012.
The candidate must have passed the qualifying examination at the time of his/her admission and be able to submit its proof.
** Subject to State reservation at the University concerned.
Eligibility for Post-Graduate Programmes
To be eligible for appearing in CLAT-2012, a candidate should have obtained a LL.B/B.L. Degree or an equivalent degree from a recognised University with not less than 55% marks in aggregate (50% in case of SC/ST /OBC and persons with Disability)*.
Candidates who have appeared in the qualifying degree examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear in the test**.
*Subject to state reservation at the University concerned
**The candidate must have passed the qualifying examination at the time of his/her admission and be able to submit its proof.
Important dates for CLAT 2012
|Issue of application forms||02 January 2012|
|Last date to receive application forms||31 March 2012|
|Issue of Hall Tickets to the candidates from||Till 14 April 2012|
|Date of CLAT 2012||12 May 2012 (Sunday)|
|CLAT 2012 Results||28 May 2012|
Download CLAT 2012 brochure
CLAT previous year question papers
CLAT 2012 application forms
You are reading this article on blog.careermitra.com, stay tuned for career & education news!