The All India Engineering Entrance Examination is a gateway for admissions into NITs, IIITs, Deemed Universities and few state funded universities. The AIEEE 2012 notification is out; the test can be taken either as online (CBT mode) or offline (Paper Pencil) mode. Application forms are available only on AIEEE website; you will not get forms offline for this year. Last date for online submission is 31.12.2011.
Many students dilemma is whether they should opt for online mode or should they go with the offline mode. After analysis we felt there are advantages if you take the test online.
Advantages are summarized as below:
- You have the choice to schedule your test between o7 May 2012 to 26 May 2012; where as the offline test has to be given strictly on 29.04.2012
- You have the choice of appearing for the test during morning (9 a.m to 12 noon) or afternoon (2 p.m to 5 p.m)
- The cost of application fee is Rs. 300 less; if you opt for online mode
- You can save your time; you can choose the answer just by a click of the mouse (no circling or darkening required) and later on easily edit your option by selecting another answer
- You can practice for the test well in advance; CBSE will release mock tests soon on their website
- You will get a rough paper to work out; offline students will have to use space on the test booklet. Why is this an advantage? Firstly you have your question on your computer screen and a worksheet in front of you; where as offline test requires switching to and fro between pages (where you work and the location of question could be different).
- There will be call center support for online test takers
The above mentioned points are summarized from AIEEE 2012 FAQs
Every year over 1200,000 students appear for AIEEE; the number of seats will be approximately 28000 for engineering and 1000 seats for architecture. careermitra.com wishes you good luck!
On your right hand side you will find a poll, please vote your opinion.
You are reading this article on blog.careermitra.com, stay tuned for career & education news!