500 more medical seats will be sanctioned to all the four Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) colleges in the state of Andhra Pradesh. RIMS has presence in Srikakulam, Adilabad, Ongole and Kadapa, 100 seats will be allotted to RIMS Srikakulam and rest will be for the other 3 Institutes.
The seats are likely to be added from the next academic year 2012-2013, earlier the government of Andhra Pradesh has urged MCI to increase the medical college intake. You can read more information here.
Andhra Pradesh has 13 government funded medical colleges listed below:
- Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam
- Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada
- Guntur Medical College, Guntur
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Srikakulam
- Siddhartha Medical College, Vijayawada, Gundala
- Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad
- Gandhi Medical College, Hyderabad
- Kakatiya Medical College, Warangal
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Adilabad
- Sri Venkateshwara Medical College, Tirupathi
- Kurnool Medical College, Kurnool
- Government medical college, Anantapur
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Kadapa
You are reading this article on blog.careermitra.com, stay tuned for education news!