Online filling of choices for MCA Admissions through NIMCET 2011 has commenced from 07 June 2011. Students have time till 5 P.M on 13 June 2011 to fill his / her order of preference in the 11 participating Institutes (NITs). You can read the list of 11 participating Institutes from our previous post on NIMCET Counseling.
NIMCET Counseling is a 3 stage process:
- Online Choice Filling
- Seat Allotment
- Reporting to the Institute
There will be a total of 3 rounds in the NIMCET Counseling process, meaning you have the probability of increasing your seat preference till the last round.
Online Choice Filling
In online choice filling the candidate has to fill his/her choice in order of preference from place of his/her convenience (home/cybercafe).There is no fee for filling of choices online.
Candidate can freeze his choices any number of times but once locked, choices can not be unlocked. The first round of allotment will be done on 14th June 2011.
Seats are allotted strictly on the basis of merit i.e. rank obtained in the NIMCET 2011 examination and his/her preference.
Seat up gradation:
Once the seat has been allotted in any one of the NIT’s then he/her can opted for up-gradation (if seat is available). During up gradation he/she shall be allotted a seat from his/her higher opted preferences.
Once the candidate in the NIMCET 2011 counseling has been allotted a seat then he/she shall report to any one of the participating NIT of his/her convenience after printing the allotment letter, and e- challan which will also be available as attachment .The candidate is required deposit Rs.10,000/- reporting fee(To be adjusted at the time of final admission at the institute) along with all the necessary required documents.
Following certificates and credentials in original with their photocopies will be required at the time of reporting:
Allotment letter, along with 3 Copies of duly filled e-chalan having seal and signature of State Bank of India showing that the candidate has deposited Rs 10,000/-
- Rank Card downloaded from NIMCET2011 website.
- Admit Card of NIMCET2011 carrying seal of examination centre.
- Class X (High School) Board Certificate as a proof of date of birth.
- Mark sheet of Intermediate Examination as proof of (a) Mathematics as one of the subject and (b) 60% marks.
- Mark sheet of qualifying examination as proof of (a) Mathematics as one of the subject and (b) 60% marks.
- Certificate of category (OBC/SC/ST), if applicable, issued by the competent authority (Annexure I / II / III). OBC certificates issued before financial year 2010-2011shall not considered. OBC candidates should also bring with them declaration given in Annexure-II. (In case belonging to OBC/SC/ST Category)
- Certificate of Physically Challenged (PH) if applicable (Annexure IV). A counseling centre shall constitute a medical board to verify the disability. Decision of the medical board shall be final. (In case belonging to PH Category)
- Four photographs identical to the one available on the Admit Card.
Note: If any of the above mark sheet, certificates and documents are not in Hindi / English, then translation of certificates duly certified by Notary will be required at the time of reporting.
Important Events & Dates in NIMCET 2011 Counseling
|Choices will be locked on||June 13 2011 at 5 P.M|
|First Round of Seat Allotment||June 14 2011|
|First Round of Reporting (Period)||June 15 2011 to June 20 2011|
|Second Round of Seat Allotment||June 22 2011|
|Second Round of Reporting (Period)||June 23 2011 to June 28 2011|
|Third Round of Seat Allotment||June 29 2011
|Third Round of Reporting (Period)||30 June 2011 to 1 July 2011|
|Spot Admissions||Spot admission for all vacant seats of all eleven participating NIT’s will take place on 4th July 2011 at MANIT, Bhopal ONLY on the basis of merit. The candidates shall report on 4th July 2011 from 9:00 am to 11:00 am and thereafter the seats shall be allotted on the basis of merit of candidates reported for spot admission. At the time of spot admission the candidate is required to pay the full fee of his/her allotted NIT|