The British Council is delighted to announce the British Council IELTS Scholarship award for 2011. British Council has said that the 2010 scholarship program was very successful and the 8 Indian recipients are thrilled to have received scholarships.
The British Council IELTS Scholarship Award was launched with the objective of assisting Indian students intending to study at universities abroad. Eight successful scholarship award winners will receive an award of Rs. 3,00,000/- each towards the cost of tuition fees. The award winners will begin a full time postgraduate programme at any overseas university that uses IELTS as a part of its admission requirements and as a reliable measure of English language proficiency.
The British Council IELTS is immensely popular with Indian students. IELTS is recognised by over 6,000 institutions in 125 countries worldwide as reliable measure of English skills. The choice of universities is wide for Indian students with over 2500 institutions and programmes in the US alone, accepting IELTS. The scholarship programme directly benefits both individuals and the countries from which they come, while at the same time promoting higher education links India and other countries. Scholarships are also being awarded in three other Asian countries with a total investment of £60,000 / US$90,000 / Rs. 42,00,000.”
Who is eligible for the Award?
Essential eligibility criteria are that applicants must:
- Be a resident and citizen of India
- Begin full time postgraduate study outside India in 2011
- Attend a higher education institution that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements
- Have a valid IELTS score, with a minimum band score average 6.5
- Have taken their most recent IELTS test with the British Council
- Be able to provide an acceptance letter from the attending institution by 13 August 2011
- A complete application must be received by your local British Council office by 30 July 2011.
- Download application form here
- Download more FAQ’s here