It’s a dream for any student to pursue education in IITs, this article will help you understand various types of degrees offered by IITs and admission requirement for each course. There are 15 IITs in India, namely IIT Bhubanewsar, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Bombay, IIT Madras, IIT Kanpur, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Roorkee, IIT Gandhinagar, IIT Hyderabad, IIT Patna, IIT Ropar, IIT Rajasthan, IIT Indore and IIT Mandi (in random order).
*Top 5 Institutes with in IITs:
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Madras
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Roorkee
* Based on India Today 2010 Engineering Rankings
Entrance Exams required to apply for courses in IIT
- JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) – For admissions to Under Graduate Programmes (BTech), MSc Integrated Courses, MTech Integrated Courses and Dual Degree MTech programmes.
- GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) – For admissions to Postgraduate Programmes in Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Science and Pharmacy.
- JMET (Joint Management Entrance Test) – For admissions to PG Degree Programme in Management (MBA).
- JAM (Joint Admission Test) – For admissions to MSc and other post BSc Programmes.
- CEED (Common Entrance Examination for Design) – For admissions to Master of Design (MDes) Programmes.
Click on the URL of each Entrance Exam to get detailed information about the entrance test, eligibility, courses you can apply etc.