Questions which are often asked, Should I do MBA Part Time or Should I go for Full Time MBA? Is Part Time MBA equivalent to Full Time MBA? Which Colleges offer Part Time MBA Course? What are the eligibility criteria, If I go for Part Time MBA? These are some of the questions few of you might have in mind. In this post we try to explain each question in detail. Read on..
Before we can answer these questions, we will like to clarify these terms :
Part Time MBA : Programs or Courses which are normally conducted on weekday evenings, after normal working hours, or on weekends. Part-time programs normally last three years or more. The students in these programs typically consist of working professionals, who take a light course load for a longer period of time until the graduation requirements are met.
Full Time MBA : Programs or Courses which normally take place over two academic years on regular hours. The students in Full Time MBA Course are from mixed back grounds, fresh graduates, students with work experience.
Now lets look at the questions we had in mind.
Q) Should I do MBA Part Time or Should I go for Full Time MBA?
A) It depends on parameters like your life style example or you employed, do you have other commitments full time example running a business or enrolled for another course etc, your basic education & your objective of doing MBA. These are lot like more questions than an answer, point we are trying to make is :
Do Part Time MBA :
- If you are a working professional & want to scale up your career by adding a management course degree to your Resume
- If You have a full time duty other than job example running or managing your dad’s business
- Go for Part Time MBA if you have already enrolled for another full time course or your concentration is on some other course example I am preparing for Civils, I have to take classes for my CA Studies
- Your basic Education why this point is relevant because if you are already a post graduate let’s say you have done your Masters in Computers and want to have a degree in Management too then go ahead and do part time
- Finally your objective what is that you want to achieve having done your MBA, this we will leave it to you to decide 🙂
Q) Is Part Time MBA equivalent to Full Time MBA?
A) Absolutely Not, they are different
Q) Which Colleges offer Part Time MBA Course?
A) Some of the best colleges which offer Part Time MBA Course are :
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management and Higher Studies NMIMS
- Management Development Institute MDI Gurgaon
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade IIFT New Delhi
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies JBIMS
- Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar
- International Management Institute IMI
- Institute of Management Technology IMT Ghaziabad
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research
- Department of Management Studies IIT Delhi
- Great Lakes Institute of Management
These are some of the top MBA Colleges which offer Part Time MBA Course, a complete list of Top 50 Business Schools in India can be found at https://blog.careermitra.com/topcolleges/business/
Q ) Eligibility criteria for doing MBA Part Time
A) Most of the good business schools ask for a min of 2 to 3 years (3 Years in most cases) work experience and admit through a standard process like written test & interview (some time other modes of short listing are also used) depending upon Institute you apply for.
We can only provide information or advice, you can take up the decision of whether to choose a Part Time MBA or full time MBA keeping in view of the above answered questions. But in general if you have time it is well advised to pursue MBA full time.