Opposing the centre’s move, the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu Jayalalitha expressed concerns over the Medical CETs. The NEET UG & NEET PG which have been recently announced are the medical entrance exams for undergraduate & postgraduate medical courses across Medical Colleges in India.
Jayalalitha has written to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh urging to exempt Tamil Nadu from NEET. She pointed that the state reservation policies will be effected if the state is forced to participate in the national level medical CET. The NEET UG has been scheduled to be held on 05 May 2013 while the NEET PG will be only in CBT mode during 24 November to 06 December.
She indicated that the centre’s decision is unilateral and surprising, since MCI earlier stated that the decision will be taken after holding meetings with each state however that was not the case she stated.
No conclusion has been drawn yet on whether NEET UG & NEET PG will hold good in Tamil Nadu or not. Share your views, do you think PM responds positively and exempt Tamil Nadu from NEET?
You are reading this article on careermitra.com, stay tuned for career & education news! For regular updates like us on Facebook.
Incoming search terms:
- neet ug tamilnadu
- neet pg 2013 latest news in tamil nadu
- neet pg 2013 tamilnadu
- bihar neet ug counselling
- dmer neetug mark wise list caste wise list mah 2013
- total student appeared in neet 1013
- total seates distribution in neet ug coleges in 2014
- NEET latest prospectus
- MBBS 2014-2015 maharashtra DMER NIGATIVE MARKING SYSTEM
- mark wise and category wise selection list mbbs first year 2013 mah