National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) is a compulsory test for students seeking admission to National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CBS), Mumbai.
NEST will be conducted on May 25, 2013, (Saturday) from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm across 37 centres in India. The online registration process will commence from 10 a.m on 07 January 2013.
Important dates for NEST 2013
- Website opens for information : January 03, 2013
- Online submission of application starts : January 07, 2013
- Last date for receiving request of application form (postal) : February 20, 2013
- Last date for receipt of completed application form with DD (online/postal) : March 08, 2013 (midnight)
- Online applications freezes : March 08, 2013 (midnight)
- Dispatch of offline admit cards starts : April 08, 2013
- Download of online admit cards starts : April 08, 2013
- Date of examination : May 25, 2013 (Saturday), 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Announcement of results on NEST website : June 17, 2013
Eligibility to appear for NEST 2013
Candidates seeking admission to NISER and UM-DAE CBS for the academic session 2013-14 should be from science stream (having any combination of Biology / Chemistry / Mathematics / Physics) at class XII and must write the NEST-2013 examination. Candidates who have passed class XII examination or equivalent from any recognized Board in India in 2011 or 2012 or are appearing in 2013 can apply for NEST-2013.
Admission will be offered strictly on basis of Merit List of NEST-2013. Candidates securing at least 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent grade in class XII examination will finally be eligible for admission to NISER and CBS. Where only letter grades are available, a certificate from the Board specifying equivalent percentage marks is required. In the absence of such a certificate, the decision of the Admission Committee of the concerned Institution will be final.
General and OBC category candidates born on or after July 22, 1993 are eligible to apply. The age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC / ST / Physically Disabled (PD) candidates.
You are reading this article on careermitra.com, stay tuned for career & education news! For regular updates like us on Facebook.