The chief minister of Tamil Nadu, Jayalalithaa has reportedly written to the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh expressing the states unwillingness to accept the Medical CET which is to be held from 2013. In her letter, she states that Tamil Nadu has been following 69% reservation for Backward and Most Backward Communities and Scheduled Castes and Tribes in professional courses. If a medical CET is enabled in the state, it will unbalance the entire admission system in the state.
Last year Tamil Nadu was also among the states which opposed NEET UG on the grounds that the syllabus varied between the state & centre. Tamil Nadu also has a good number of students from regional medium, last year NEET UG was to be held only in English & Hindi; it would have created a problem. This year NEET UG will be held in vernacular languages, meaning that students can test the test in regional language also.
It is possible that Tamil Nadu will shy away from NEET UG even in 2013.
Share your views, do you think that Tamil Nadu influences centre to avoid NEET UG taking place in Tamil Nadu.
You are reading this article on careermitra.com, stay tuned for career & education news! For regular updates like us on Facebook.
Incoming search terms:
- neet 2013 tamilnadu
- neet ug 2013 in tamil nadu
- neet tamilnadu latest news
- neet can write in tamil language
- supreme court order for gujcet2013
- negative marking in neet ug 2013-latest news from cbse
- no negative marking as tie breaker in viteee
- number of candidates in assam neet ug
- number of candidates opted regional language in neet
- possible marks required to get medical seat in igmc shimla