From academic year 2013 aspiring Engineering students from Maharashtra need to fill only one Engineering entrance exam form. According to sources Maharashtra government has given nod to adopt the ‘Joint Engineering Entrance Exam (JEE)’ which is a replacement to IITJEE & AIEEE from 2013.
Taking words from Kapil Sibal, Maharashtra Engineering admissions will bare 50% academic weightage to board examination marks of Class XII. The board examination forms viz. CBSE, ICSE, HSc etc will be normalized by a formula designed by the Indian Statistical Institute. Thankfully the same JEE score is also an eligibility test for NITs, IIITs, IITs, Centrally Funded Institutions (CFIs), DTU affiliated colleges, IT BHU, ISM Dhanabad, IISc and few others. Bench mark colleges which were considering the scores of AIEEE & IITJEE will now move on to the revised Joint Engineering Entrance Exam (JEE).
The maiden JEE 2013 will be held in two phases, JEE Main & JEE Advanced. JEE Main 2013 is scheduled to be held on 07 April 2013. If you have questions please leave a comment.
You are reading this article on careermitra.com, stay tuned for career & education news! For regular updates like us on Facebook.
Incoming search terms:
- maharashtra engineering entrance 2013
- maharashtra engineering entrance exam 2013 application form
- maharashtra engineering entrance exam 2013
- maharashtra engineering admission 2013
- MAHARASHTRA JEE 2013
- maharashtra engg entrance exam 2013
- maharashtra engineering entrance exam 2013 form
- engineering admission 2013 in maharashtra
- maharashtra jee 2013 application form
- maharashtra engineering form 2013