With the new selection process in place for IITs, School Boards across the Country are likely to announce the top 20 percentile list at the earliest. Earlier IIT selection process has nothing to do with the board exam marks except for the eligibility, for JEE 2013 the board marks will have a say in the final selection process. Students who are in the top 20 percentile of their respective boards will only be qualified for JEE Main. JEE Main is the second and final stage of the written test for admissions into IITs, JEE Main can be taken by all eligible students but only 150,000 students will be shortlisted for JEE Advanced depending on merit in JEE Main plus the student being in the top percentile list of their respective boards.
The representatives of the school Boards had a meeting with the Council of Boards of School Education (COBSE), an apex body of all the boards, councils of secondary, senior education in the country. It was decided that the equivalent percentage of marks for top 20 percentile students will be made available to students so that they are able to know the percentage of marks that will make them eligible for IIT Entrance.
School board representatives had wholeheartedly supported the idea of giving weightage to the Boards Examinations Results and were of the view that it will definitely strengthen the school education.
You are reading this article on careermitra.com, stay tuned for career & education news! For regular updates like us on Facebook.
Incoming search terms:
- top 20 percentile of isc board
- cutoff percentage for top 20 percentile for isc board in jee main 2013?
- 20 percentile of all boards in/2013
- top 20 percentile for jee advanced 2014 of isc board
- top 20 percentile for jee advanced 2014 for isc
- top 20 percentile for cbse
- mh board top 20 percentile
- meaning of top 20 percentile in iit
- maharashtra jee 20 percentile list
- list of top 15 merit students in maharashtara 10th board in 2012