The Medical Council of India (MCI) has granted approval for 2,400 fresh MBBS seats in 20 new medical colleges and 1,195 additional seats in existing medical colleges from this year. The 20 new medical colleges are a composite of 9 government and 11 private colleges, MCI has also sanctioned 1,442 new post-graduate seats, with 1,326 MD/MS seats in various existing medical colleges and another 116 super-speciality seats for DM/MCH.
With the addition MBBS seats in India will now be 45,464 and the number of medical colleges in the country are 355. Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan and Goa is said to have more number of Medical seats than their counter parts.
With the NEET UG being called from next academic year, it is expected that there will be free flow of students across states. Presently each state is conducting it’s own entrance exam for medical admissions. (More about NEET UG here).
You are reading this article on careermitra.com, stay tuned for career & education news! For regular updates like us on Facebook.
Incoming search terms:
- seats in rajasthan according to neet
- how many mbbs seat to be selected through neet-2013
- number of seats in medical colleges in rajasthan
- additional seats increased by govt in rajasthan
- mbbs seats under bfuhs2013
- neet mbbs rajasthan under free scholarships
- neet rajasthan seat
- neet seat in rajasthan
- NEW ADDED MEDICAL COLLEGE IN RAJASTHAN
- no of neet seats in rajasthan