Earlier The Medical Council of India (MCI) has filed an affidavit in Supreme Court stating it can’t go ahead with NEET UG next year; citing reasons as indifference with majority of states (AP, Karnataka, West Bengal, Tamilnadu, Maharashtra etc).
A Bench of Justices H.L. Dattu and C.K. Prasad after reviewing the petition has reportedly expressed dissatisfaction on postponing NEET UG. The apex court has questioned the petitioners as why they are backing the decision having sought permission to conduct common medical entrance test months ago. The court wasn’t keen to support the petitioners and said we are not part with the decision, ‘you can do what ever you want’.
The court didn’t pass any order and insisted the petitioners to with draw it’s application; the court indicated not to intervene ‘SC’ in this regard.
NEET UG is postponed to next year; MCI will face the challenge of convincing these opposing states for next year’s NEET UG. Though few states have agreed to participate from 2013; certain states (Andhra Pradesh) are asking for a 2 years exception. The whole story might again come up, what are your views!
Links to articles
You are reading this article on blog.careermitra.com, stay tuned for career & education news!
Incoming search terms:
- supreme court decision on neet
- neet pg 2013 supreme court decision
- supreme court decision on neet in ap
- dmer neetug 2013 notification pdf
- supreme courts decision on neet ug 2013
- supreme court ammend of todays neet ug
- supreme courts decision on neet
- supreme court decision regarding neet
- neet pg supreme court verdict on 13 5 2013