The Medical Council of India (MCI) is supposed to conduct common medical entrance tests for both undergraduate (NEET UG) & postgraduate courses (NEET PG) in 2012, sources reported that MCI has declared their inability to conduct NEET in 2012.
There was so much of ambiguity when MCI announced it’s proposal of holding a single medical entrance test from 2012. Supreme court too ruled in favor of MCI and asked them to do according to their will, following apex court’s nod MCI proposed the syllabus. The problem started there, the syllabus was prepared by NCERT and gave an impression that it favored CBSE students. MCI’s decision of holding NEET only in Hindi & English was also disliked by many States; these States felt it will put the regional and rural students at a disadvantage.
Sources reported that MCI will make a formal decision soon and void NEET UG this year. NEET PG was voided few months ago but MCI website speaks it is still likely to be held in January or February 2012. MCI had to throw the towel off finally; as Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamilnadu, Gujarat, Jammu & Kashmir and Maharashtra are opposing NEET.
NEET UG is unlikely to be held in 2012; although a common medical entrance test is a good thing but the timing was incorrect. A good idea at a wrong time will not solve the purpose, do you agree? Please share your views!
Source: Times of India
|You are reading this article on blog.careermitra.com, stay tuned for career & education news!|
Incoming search terms:
- cbsc neet books for bet exam
- jrs tutorial postal test series for neet ug 2013
- supreme court deceission on net june 2012 in february 2013
- neet pg will happen in next year or not
- neet ug 2013 cut off percentage of sc candidates (30-40%) expected
- If all medical colleges in India dont giving their all seats to NEET then how they fillup medical colleges seats?
- from which year neet has been started
- final date for supreme court orders on neet ug 2013
- who will win the case bw neet ug and private colleges
- probability of combined neet ug test cpmt