NIMCET 2011 Counseling To Start From 7 June 2011

NIMCET is a National Level Entrance Test conducted by NITs for admissions into their MCA programmes. MCA prgoramme is offered by NIT Agartala, NIT  Allahabad, NIT Bhopal, NIT Calicut, NIT Durgapur, NIT Jamshedpur, NIT Kurukshetra, NIT Raipur, NIT  Surathkal, NIT Tiruchirappalli and NIT Warangal based on the rank obtained in NIMCET.

NIMCET 2011 was held on 15 May 2011 (10 AM to 12 Noon) (Sunday) and the Results are already out. The online counseling process for filling of choices will commence from 7 June 2011 (Tuesday) and lasts till 5 P.M on 13 June 2011.

NIMCET 2011 Counseling Process

NIMCET2011 will have three rounds of counseling and candidate will be given a weeks time for filling his/her choices online before first round of counseling.

After each round of allotment candidates shall have to report in person to any one of the participating NIT’s for remote reporting/reporting in person.

The candidate’s allotted seats may be upgraded after each round of counseling if higher choice preference (if filled) is available at the time of allotment process

Rules

Transfer from one NIT to another NIT is not permitted in any circumstances once the candidate has taken admission in one or another participating NIT.

Once the seat has been allotted in any participating NIT’s then the candidate will have to take admission in that NIT after third round of counseling. After third round of counseling there will not be any up gradation of allotted seat.

Availability of MCA Seats in NITs

Raipur All India 45 1 24 1 13 1 7 _ 92
Surathkal All India 45 1 24 1 14 _ 6 1 92
Tiruchirappalli Other State 22 1 12 _ 7 _ 4 _ 46
Tamil Nadu 23 1 12 _ 7 _ 3 - 46
Warangal All India 23 1 12 _ 7 _ 3 1 46
Total 418 10 210 8 117 4 59 2 828

Among the All India Seats, there is no separate state-wise quota. Candidates passed / appeared for qualifying exam from Tamil Nadu will be eligible for Tamil Nadu State Quota of NIT – Trichurapalli. SC/ST and OBC Reservations – As per Government of India Rules.

There are a total of 828 seats in the 11 NITs, last year cutoff marks across these NITs can be used to predict this year’s cutoff marks.

Cutoff Marks in NIMCET 2010 are as follows

Surathkal 175 1138 1915 N/A 3303 N/A 500 1868
Trichy 34 897 632 N/A 1052 N/A 174 N/A
Warangal 97 N/A 1222 N/A 2468 N/A 300 N/A
State Specific Seats
NIT OP OPPH SC SCPH ST STPH OBC OBCPH
Trichy 1401 N/A N/A N/A 3176 N/A 1965 N/A

• Among the All India Seats, there is no separate state-wise quota.
  • Candidates passed / appeared for qualifying exam from Tamil Nadu will be eligible for Tamil Nadu State Quota of NIT – Trichurapalli.
  • SC/ST and OBC Reservations – As per Government of India Rules.
  • Seat Matrix: Subject to change.

comments

280 comments on “NIMCET 2011 Counseling To Start From 7 June 2011

1. megha saloni says:

Sir……can i get list of colleges for admission on the basis of nimcet rank card except nit’s. ….I hv got 2085 rank in open category. …
    Plz reply me soon

2. washiul says:

hello sir,
    my all india rank is 3927 in nimcet 2014 and i am belonging to OBC. is there any chances to get admission in nits.plz reply….

3. viru says:

hii sir, sir my all india open rank in nimcet-2013 is 500, sir can i get addmition in mnit alld….

4. parneet says:

good morning sir…
    sir my AIR in NIMCET-2013 is 310, can i get admission in nit warangal or nit allahabad
    sir please reply

5. parneet says:

hello sir,
    my AIR in nimcet 2013 is 310 … sir can i get admission in nit warangal or nit allahabad

6. gud evng sir..sir i hve got 4185 rank in all india….sir is there is any chance for admission in NIT RAIPUR….sir m general candidate…..plz rply…..m worried abut this….is there is any other option for geeting admission in NIT…RPLY SOON

7. VINAY KUMAR says:

SIR.
    my air rank 2753 and obc rank 740.
    i’m eligible any nit any round. pls rplyyyyy.

8. atul kumar says:

My all india rank is 1515 and obc rank is 366 in nimcet 2012.am i eligible to get any nit.
    Please suggest me.

9. KAUSTAV DAS says:

SIR, MY RANK IS 2836(AIR) IN NIMCET 2012..I AM FROM SC CATEGORY..CAN I GET ADMISSION IN NIT???? PLEASE REPLY SIR.

10. KAUSTAV DAS says:

SIR MY RANK IS 2836(AIR) IN NIMCET 2012..I AM FROM SC..CAN I GET ADMISSION IN ANY NIT???? PLEASE REPLY.

11. KAUSTAV DAS says:

SIR, MY RANK IN NIMCET 2012 IS 2836(AIR)..I AM FROM SC CATEGORY..CAN I GET IN ANY NITs???? PLEASE REPLY.

12. Disha Agarwal says:

Sir my AIR rank in nimcet 2012 is 478…plz tell me which clg may i get and which one is the best for MCA…can i get MNNIT,Allahabad.

13. shweta bhushan says:

SIR,IS THERE ANY CATEGORY WISE RANK CARD ALSO THERE IN NIMCET2012?THE RESULT IS ON THE WEBSITE BUT THERE IS NO CATEGORY WISE SEPARATE RANK CARD?SIR PLZ REPLY ME SOON AND HELP ME REGARDING THIS…….

14. mayank says:

sir my nimcet rank is 508 and ip is 643 ,could u tel m whch univesty to chose accrd to rank and whch coleges i can get in nit in ths rank .also in spot allotment.as i belong to delhi nit kurushtra is near my home so wil it good to take addmisn there or not ? Reply me as soon as possible

15. somnath dutta says:

Sir, i got 1181 rank in NIMCET 2012 in open category… can i get admission in NIT JAMSHEDPUR or NIT DURGAPUR.. plzz reply..

16. shanaz says:

I GOT 148 IN MY NIMCET 2012. BT MY RANK WAS DISPLAYED AS 1098 AT FIRST BUT NOW IT IS DISPLAYED AS 0. I M VERY MUCH TENSED? WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW. PLS REPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

17. Megha Roy says:

Sir
    my all India rank in NIMCET 2012 is 717(open category). will i get in any NIT for MCA? pls reply

18. Megha Roy says:

Sir
    my all india rank in nimcet 2012 is 717(open category). will i get in any nit for mca? pls reply.

19. Devendra says:

Hello sir i m getting 196 marks in nimcet 2012.is there any chance of seletion(open category).

20. Robin says:

sir, i have attemped the 56 question in nimcet 2012 out of which 42 question will be correct surly.kya mera admission nit kkr mai ho sakta hai.sir please reply me

21. Aditya says:

Sir I am getting 176 marks in NIMCET 2012 I belong to OC.
    Do I have any chances?
    Will I get any NIT?
    As The paper was easy this year…
    I am little scared :(
    Please reply soon…

22. Srikanth says:

Many thanks for making Career Mitra a grand success; with just about a year of our launch we are placed among the top educational websites.

We worked day in day out to bring you information you always wanted. We promise to serve you in a better way in the near future.

We invite you to participate on Career Mitra Forums, which was launched recently at http://forum.careermitra.com/. Your contribution matters a lot to us!

Please be back soon!

23. girisha sharma says:

good evening sir,
    i am girisha sharma.
    in my class 12th Biology was the main subject and Mathematics is additional subject.
    i am Student of mathematics but still not solve my math is right, please give me some advice to solve maths fast
    I have done BCA with 68% in 2011, This year I have drop for preparing NIMCET 2012.will this help me some how to secure the seat of MCA after NIMCET entrance exam?
    kindly tell me how to prepare , please give me the procedure for prepare…. and get the admission in NIT…
    please give me an advice … i am confused reguarding my preparation…

24. madhurendra pratap sigh says:

what is average cutoff for general

25. mahesh says:

sir iwant to take admission nit warangal in mca so can u tell me how nuch i have to score in nimcet with bc catogiry

26. Srikanth says:

Hi all, vacant seats for second round of spot admission has been displayed http://blog.careermitra.com/2011/07/nimcet-spot-admission-seat-availability/

27. Pratiksha says:

Thank u sir for informing me about the second round of counselling.Sir,My AIR is 2524 and I belongs to general category.What are my chances..?Plz sir inform me…

28. pankaj says:

Sir, i m bca final year student and preparing of nimcet exam .. plz tell me how am i study…. then i will selected in best nit college.

29. SIR I GET RANK 4728 IN NIMCET AND SEAT NOT ALLOWED IN COUNCLING CAN I GET SPOT ADDMISSON IN ANY NIT COLLEGES

30. m.deepak says:

sir i’m from tamilnadu………can u tell me about bharathiyar university mca? i got call letter from this university…..counselling is on 18th july.. can i join to this university?……..please reply sir…thanks in advance

31. angvish says:

thanks for replying sir
    sir i didn’t get any nit in the spot admi. procedure .

so now i have to decide between ip university rank (469) and daiict rank (42) .

“Tell me about the job placement of msc-it and mca(degree and salary package). Is there any thing i have to check about the college certificates before admission(affiliation).

sir can you tell me the rank of ip colleges for mca.

I am deep dilema.

your suggestion will be very important for me .

I am online now….

32. Srinu says:

Hi sir,i am studying bca final year.i am PH candidate.i got in 12th level above 60%and bca 1year and 2year percentage is less than 60.am i eligible for nimcet 2012? could you plz tell what is the eligibility criteria for ph candidates?plz reply

33. anil says:

Sir,iam studying b.sc final year,iam obc(ph) candidate.iam applying nimcet 2012.after qualified nimcet.if seat not available under obc(ph) quota through my rank,am i eligible to get admission under obc quota?plz reply

Hi Anil, Yes you have the option to do that. You will most likely get through OBC PH, if for some reasons if you don’t want to be considered under PH category you can move to OBC.

34. jhabar says:

sir can you tell me about spot admission because i got seat during coun.

35. babli says:

sir my op rank 1257 obc rank 261. in second & third round my alloted seat is nit raipur. can be changed my nit seat in any way in any nit except nit agartala.
    reply sir plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

36. manisha says:

sir , my all india rank is 1081 in gen category …
    should i go for spot admission???? are there any chances of gtng any nit ???

Hi Manisha, In open category there a total of 24 seats (tentative) unfilled, I suggest you to try in spot admission. But I can’t say whether you will be allotted a seat or not.

37. bhagya bhaskar says:

sir plz tell me which is the last rank selected in 3rd allotment, in general category and obc category??

38. Arif ali says:

hi, sir my air is 2668(op) and obc rank is 639. What is the possibility to get admission via spot admission? I belons to up.
    My preference for admission is 1) alahabad, 2)kurukchetra, 3) raipur.
    Reply me soon….

Hi Arif, Your chances of getting admission in spot admission are very less. Only 8 seats (tentative) are left out in OBC Category.

39. santosh says:

sir
    my rank is (OP) 4505 and (OBC) 1225 and i want to try for spot admission and can you got any college nimcet.please tell me soon.

40. santosh says:

sir
    my all india rank are 4505 general category and OBC 1225 and can you got admission NIMCET for any college and please tell me soon.

41. Bhanu says:

sir,i am having nimcet A.I rank 166 but somehow i gave my first preferance as NIT kurukshetra n got admsn. But as i came to know that course is self financed in kurukshetra , i want to change my choice now.but i can’t upgrade as my first preferance was NIT kurukshetra. So, is there any chance of me getting NIT surathkal or allahabad in the open day?? and is it neccessary for the candidate to be present on the spot day? sir pls help me, as i m very confused…reply as soon as possible…plz

Hi Bhanu, You have to present on Spot Admission, you can’t authorize any one on your behalf. Yes, you should try in spot admission to change your college.

42. prince says:

how much fee do we want to pay when we got seat in spot admission, one year or one semester or for whole 3 years

43. kirti says:

sir i want admission in NIT Kurukshetra.my AIR is 729 in general category.so pls let me know that is there chance to get admission in NIT Kurukshetra in spot admission?

44. Milon says:

Dear Sir,
    My OBC rank is 1211. Is there any possibility to get spot admission in any NIT?

45. Pratiksha says:

Sir, My all India rank is 2524,I belongs to general category. Is that any chance to get seat in NIT Allahabad through spot admission.? Is there is any procedure for Direct Admission in NITs? plz reply me as soon as possible…………..

46. Angvish kumar says:

My rank is 947 in open(gen)do i have any chance in spot admission in nit 2011 ?
    I don’t know my open(gen) ranking.

please do reply sir i am waiting…..

• Angvish kumar says:

sir please answer my msg i am deep problem .
      I am waiting for your reply

Hi Angvish, sorry for the delayed response! As far as what I know it’s hard for you to get admission in NITs in spot admission as well. But it all depends on how many people actually make it to the spot admission. Try your luck! All the best..

47. shivangi says:

sir my op rank is 879 in nimcet 2011 can i get admission in nit pls rply thank u

48. vimla says:

hello sir,

i got 3417 rank in jen and 880 rank in OBC.
    can any chance to get direct admission in NIIT?.

Thanks in advance.

49. RAJU BATHULA says:

HAI SIR MY AIR RANK 4540 AND OBC RANK 1280 ANY ONE CHANCE FOR ANY NIT COLLEGE AND SPOT ADMISSION ANY CHANCE

50. Deepti Shukla says:

hi sir,
    i got 4343(Gen.)rank in nimcet entrance exam. can i got any nit college……..
    or i got any nit college through nit spot addmission.
    sir reply plz

51. smriti jain says:

hi sir my all india general catogory rank is 1792…is there any chance in spot admission..if yes what nit wil i get..i had choose all niit;s except agartala…plz do tel me soon as posssible

Hi Smriti, you don’t have chances of getting any NITs. As per last year cutoffs the last rank in open category is 662 for NIT Agartala, 1401 for NIT Trichy because of state quota.

52. juhi chopra says:

Sir my NIMCET Rank is 4575 GEN and 228 SC can i get admission in any NIT

53. SHILPITA DARIPA says:

my all India rank is 751 (gen) . in spot admission which coll.. i can get sir please reply

54. tishca says:

sir i got 4532 GEN rank and 1298 OBC category rank can i get any NIT

Hi, It is difficult to get admission in NITs.

• juhi chopra says:

Sir my NIMCET Rank is 4575 GEN and 228 SC can i get admission in any NIT please tell me

Hi Juhi, Looking at NIMCET 2010 cutoffs in NITs it is difficult for you to get admission. You can have hope in NIT Kurukshetra, NIT Raipur and in NIT Agartala but chances are less.

• juhi chopra says:

Sir their is no college is alloted to even in 3rd counceling should i try in SPOT Admission my NIMCET Rank is 4575 GEN and 228 SC can i get admission in any NIT please tell me

55. Pratiksha Gupta says:

PLz do reply..I m waiting 4 ur reply 4m 3days….

56. NAVEEN says:

Hi Sri
    My sis got AIR 2829,obc-686

and belongs to tamilnadu OP-65 and OBC-33
    is ter any chance of call for in 3rd round of allotment
    will we get seat in nit trichy or any other nit through spot admission

wats your opinion.

Hi Naveen, To be Franck admission is difficult even in NIT Trichy in round 3 and also in spot admission.

• NAVEEN says:

oh thanks sri…since obc is 33 we were thinking to try for spot admission…shall v try or any other options which yo suggest would b helpful to us.

57. ravinder says:

sir plz tell me about the best collages in haryana, chandigarh nd NCR region for MCA ……..

58. Sir, I have not given uptu exams for taking admission in MCA but have given NIMCET.My NIMCET AIR rank is 2524. So can i get any benefit of qualifying NIMCET in uptu private college for taking direct admission? as AIEEE students have advantages of it. Why u r not replying to me??
    PLz do reply..I m waiting 4 ur reply 4m 3days….

Hi Prakash, Apology for delayed response. Few MCA Colleges doesn’t ask for any entrance test, few colleges require MAT Score, State level PG CET etc. But NIMCET is conducted exclusively for MCA admissions in NITs. Getting an MCA admission is not all that difficult except in NITs, select a good college of your choice and apply, each college has their own procedure. Best of Luck!

59. ravinder says:

sir plz also tell me that just like AIEEE ,on the basis of rank we take admission in the collages other thn NITs ,is ths procedure is applicable in NIMCET also ????????????

60. SHILPITA DARIPA says:

My nit rank is 751{gen}.do i hav any chances in spot admission.pls do reply.

Hi Shilpita, Try in spot admissions to be held on 4th July 2011 at MANIT, Bhopal. The reporting time is 9:00 am to 11:00 am, you have fair chances. All the best!