Early this year in January 2011 AICTE has announced hike in the engineering seats quota for lateral entry & diploma holders. The hike will come in to effect with effect from this academic year.So far till Last year (2010) only 10% of the total number of seats were allocated for lateral entry students, this year on the quota will be 20% for diploma holders willing to join engineering courses.
Increase in quota will benefit diploma holders to join professional degrees, a good initiative by AICTE to help students and colleges that struggle to fill the engineering seats every year.
What is your opinion? Will this increase the quality of education or just help colleges cover up the seats? Do share with us!
Incoming search terms:
- engineering seats for diploma students in karnataka 2013
- engineering counselling for diploma holders
- counselling for diploma holders 2013
- lateral entry seats in IITs
- bsc lareal entery engenering in karnatak with ther quoata
- seats status for diploma engineering courses in bter
- seats for diploma holder students in iit colleges
- nit have how many seats for diploma holders
- ned diploma quota