In India, the profession of chartered accountancy is regulated by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India .ICAI is considered to be the second largest body of professional accountants in the world after AICPA.The title ‘Chartered Accountant’ or ‘CA’ is an internationally recognized professional designation.
In order to study Chartered Accountancy course, the minimum educational qualification required to enroll is Class X conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an examination recognized by the Central Government.How ever to appear for the first level of course i.e CPT one needs to appear for senior secondary examination (10+2 examination) .
A guideline to become a CA, step by step :
- Enroll with ICAI for Common Proficiency Test (CPT) after passing class X examination, form can be found here
- Appear in CPT after appearing in the senior secondary examination (10+2 examination) conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto and after completion of specified period (60 days) from the date of registration for CPT with the Board of Studies as on the first day of the month in which examination is to be held, viz., students registered on or before 1st April/1st October will be
eligible to appear in June/December examination, as the case may be. However, candidate should pass both CPT and 10+2 before registering for Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC).
- Enrol for Group I or Group II or for both Group I and Group II of Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC) to become “Chartered Accountant”. Form for IPCC registration can be found here
- Complete 9 months of study course from the date of IPCC registration
- Complete Orientation Course of one week spanning 35 hours and covering topics, such as personality development, communication skills, office procedure, business environment, general commercial knowledge, etc., before commencement of articled training
- Complete 100 hours Information Technology Training (ITT) before commencement of articled training. Form for ITT can be found here
- Appear and pass Group I as well as Group II of Integrated Professional Competence Examination (IPCE). Group I is composed of four papers and Group II is composed of three papers. IPCE form can be found here
- Register as Articled Assistant for a period of 3 years, on passing either Group I or both the Groups of IPCE.
- Register for CA Final Course and prepare for CA Final Examination
- Undergo General Management and Communication Skills (GMCS) (15 days) course while undergoing Final Course and serving the last 12 months of articled training
- Complete 3 years period of articled training
- Appear in the Final Examination on completion of the practical training or while serving last 6 months of articled training on or before the last day of the month preceding the month in which the examination is to be held
- Pass final examination and complete GMCS, if not completed earlier
- Enrol as a member of ICAI and designate as “Chartered Accountant”
Source: ICAI Website
You are reading this article on careermitra.com, stay tuned for career & education news! For regular updates like us on Facebook.
Incoming search terms:
- General Management and Communication Skills AND welingkar